Calendar of Events for Friday 1 August 2014:
- Monday 28 Jul through Today, Early American Spies & Nature Detective Camp. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Ages 7-12. Hone your espionage techniques and investigate the wonders of nature. This camp is presented and sponsored by The Eastern Shore Soil and Water Conservation District and the Eastern Shore of Virginia Historical Society. Tuition is $165 ($150 for members). www.shorehistory.org/historycamps
- Today, ESVAPC Texas Hold 'Em poker at the Cheriton Fire Hall, 7:15 p.m. $25 entry with $10 add-ons and rebuys. Proceeds go to fire company
- Today through Sunday 3 Aug, Clam Slam 2014 in Cape Charles
- Today through Tomorrow, 89th Annual Chincoteague Volunteer Fireman's Carnival - Rides, Food, Fun!! Carnival leads up to the world famous Pony Swim and Auction. Visit http://www.cvfc3.com/ for more info.
- Today, 2nd Annual Harbor for the Arts Festival in Cape Charles August 1-17. Come enjoy free live entertainment by local and international artists. Swing, Jazz, Sketch Comedy, Yoga, Puppets - all in public spaces around town. Free film screening and Experiencia Bayamo Dance Party on August 16th. Don't miss it! For more information visit www.artsentercapecharles.org or call 757-331-2787.
- Tomorrow, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Tomorrow, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Tomorrow, Acoustic Duo Matt and Wayne Young performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9 p.m. Featuring Bill LeCato on the piano. Rock, blues and country favorites. Call 442-3800 or visit www.thegreatmachipongoclamshack.com. No cover charge.
- Sunday 3 Aug, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Sunday 3 Aug, 4th Annual Boat Docking Contest - 1 pm in the Cape Charles harbor
- Sunday 3 Aug, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Onancock invites you to join us for:Holy Eucharist at 8:30 or 11:00; Breakfast is served after the early service/about 9:30; Adult Forum at 10:00. All are welcome!
- Monday 4 Aug, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Wednesday 6 Aug, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Wednesday 6 Aug, First Wednesday Open Mike Night at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-10 p.m. Hosted by Peg Volk, this is a tremendous showcase of local talent! Musicians, poets and entertainers. Call 442-3800 or visit www.thegreatmachipongoclamshack.com
- Friday 8 Aug, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the Parksley Fire Hall, 7:30 PM
- Friday 8 Aug through Saturday 9 Aug, Farming Life Fair. Friday night at 6:00pm kicks off with the Exhibit Opening and Music on the Lawn featuring big band style music. Saturday's festivities will include a panel discussion at 10 AM, and a fair from 11:00 - 3:00 with a myriad of activities and vendors. www.shorehistory.org or 757-787-8012
- Friday 8 Aug, Celtic Sessions with David Kohut and Eric White at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9 p.m. Friday is Irish night at the Clam Shack! Happy Irish tunes for all! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Saturday 9 Aug, Eastern Shore's Own Craft Beer & Music Festival - Laidback & Local savor 30+ regional microbrews alfresco on ESO Arts Center lawn while diggin' Country-Blues-Rock n'Roots band "Bird Dog & Road Kings!" Opening with "Win Winslow"-Tropical Rock-Acoustic-Blues.3PM-9PM. Advance tickets $20, $27 at event. $10 D.D.Seafood/BBQ/wine available. Bring Lawn chair. Info & tickets:www.esoartscenter.org. Belle Haven,VA
- Saturday 9 Aug, Gus the Bardic Troubador performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9 p.m. A fun night of lively entertainment! Nightly seafood specials and local clams. Call 442-3800 or www.thegreatmachipongoclamshack.com
- Sunday 10 Aug, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Onancock invites you to join us for:Holy Eucharist at 8:30 or 11:00; Breakfast is served after the early service/about 9:30; Adult Forum at 10:00. All are welcome!
- Monday 11 Aug through Friday 15 Aug, Vacation Bible School at Market Street United Methodist Church, 75 Market Street, Onancock, is free for all children, ages 4 - 12 to attend, August 11 - 15, from 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., dinner included! Call 787-4873 for more information and registration.
- Wednesday 13 Aug, Drinking Liberally - 7pm to 9pm at the Charlotte Hotel in Onancock. See livingliberally.org for details.
- Friday 15 Aug, ESVAPC Texas Hold 'Em poker at the Cheriton Fire Hall, 7:15 p.m. $25 entry with $10 add-ons and rebuys. Proceeds go to fire company
- Friday 15 Aug, Celtic Sessions with David Kohut and Eric White at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7-9 p.m. Classic Irish tunes and Celtic acoustics. Fun for all! Call 442-3800 for more info. No cover charge.
You can add to this calendar