Calendar of Events for Friday 31 October 2014:
- Today, The Monster Ball. 8 PM. The Deloreans, perform Live at the Roseland. This 80's cover band will be playing on Halloween night with their signature flashy wardrobe and rockiní retro tunes. We are going to judge your outfit. Prizes will be awarded for:Best 80ís vintage, Best Couple, Greatest Historical Figure & Most Creative Overall. $25 pp. www.shorehistory.org/events
- Today, The Lowlanders performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7pm-9pm. Come in your best Halloween costume and hear "The Howlanders" play classic Irish tunes! All treat, no tricks! Call 442-3800 or www.thegreatmachipongoclamshack.com
- Today, Halloween Night for Kids at American Legion Post 56 in Cheriton.
- Today, Light the Night with Jesus at the Exmore Baptist Church parking lot. Stop by between 5:30 to 8:00 P.M. Trunk treats, free hot dogs, popcorn, games and much more. For more info call the Church Office at 442-9491.
- Today, Pulled Pork Dinner at Oak Grove UMC; 30053 Seaside Road, Melfa; 4:30-6:30PM; Pulled pork, baked beans, cole slaw, dessert, tea or coffee; Meal-$8.00, Pint of barbeque-$8.00; Eat in or carry out; to place orders or for questions call:710-4920, 710-0392, or 710-8730. Thanks for supporting Oak Grove UMC.
- Today, Cape Charles Trick or Treat - 5pm to 8pm. No masks for people over 12. Strict curfew for anyone under 18.
- Today, Eastville Trick-or-Treat - 5:30 to 8pm.
- Today, Trick or Treat at Eastern Shore Community College - 4pm to 7pm.
- Today, ESVAPC Omaha Eight Poker at the Cheriton Fire Hall, 7:15 p.m. $25 entry with $10 add-ons and rebuys. Proceeds go to fire company
- Today, Halloween
- Today through Tomorrow, Haunted House Part III at the Old Onancock High School, each night from 7-11. $5.00 per person and concessions for sale. Hope to scare you there!
- Today through Tomorrow, Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre - "Three Doors to Death or... The Choice is Yours" by Kirk Jackson, directed by Lexi Hubb. 6:30 PM. Catered and held at Mr. Paul's Kitchen, 5030 Chicken City Rd. Tickets $30 @ Sundial Books & H&H Pharmacy Chincoteague. Email email@example.com for more info.
- Tomorrow, Bounty of the Bay, Farm to Table, an evening of outdoor dining, music, and conversation from 5pm to 8pm at Mimosa Farm in Cheriton. Enjoy a five-course meal prepared by classically trained local chef Amy Brandt, meet Eastern Shore farmers and learn about their Bay-friendly farming practices, and tap your toes to live bluegrass performed by the Chair Place Players. In addition to such delicious local fare as oysters, rockfish, and vegetables, the event also will offer a critical reminder of the necessity of clean water and a thriving Chesapeake Bay. Seating is limited; tickets costs $45 each. To register, visit www.cbf.org/bounty. For more information, contact Tatum Ford at 757/971-0366 or TFord@cbf.org.
- Tomorrow, Family Fun Fall Fest - 1:30 to 3:30PM at the old fairgrounds in Melfa. Pony rides & barrel train rides until 3PM, carnival-type games for every age, ending with a "pumpkin parable", snacks, and candy toss. Questions call Carla Bradford at 757-665-4466.
- Tomorrow, Painter Fall Fest at Painter Garrison's United Methodist Church next to the old Suntrust Bank building in Painter. You will find Delicious PA apples, Sweet potato pies, homemade baked goods, chicken salad and assorted soups. Now is the time to stock up for the holidays. For more info call 710-6098 or 442-6911.
- Tomorrow, Fall Craft Show, 8am to 2pm at Shore Presbyterian Church 34446 Lankford Hwy, Painter, VA. Quilts, Wreaths, Jewelry, Original Art, Mama's Girl, Gourd Birdhouses, Organic Sweet Potatoes, Apples and more. For more info:757-633-4886
- Tomorrow, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Tomorrow, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Tomorrow, Set clocks back one hour tonight
- Tomorrow through Sunday 2 Nov, Moving sale. 23429 Cedar Street in East Point, Onancock, Va. Antiques, Furniture,Pictures,Lamps and more.9am to 2pm
- Sunday 2 Nov, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Sunday 2 Nov, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Onancock invites you to join us for Holy Eucharist at 8:30 or 11:00; Breakfast is served after the early service/about 9:30; Adult Forum at 10:00. Godly Play (children's religious education) at 10:50. All are welcome!
- Monday 3 Nov, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Tuesday 4 Nov, 4th Annual Mayor's Ball at the Chincoteague Center. 6 PM Cocktails, 7 PM Dinner by Bill's Seafood. $50 per person. Tickets available at the Center and Shore Bank.
- Tuesday 4 Nov, Election Day
- Wednesday 5 Nov, Youíve earned a say about the future of Social Security. Join the discussion at the Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce, 1-2:30 pm. Please register by call 1-877-926-8300 or online at http://aarp.cvent.com/VASS11514 and for more information call 757.787.8590.
- Wednesday 5 Nov, Cheriton VFC Fried Chicken DInner - 5-7 PM. Adults $9, children under 12 $5. Eat in or take out.
- Wednesday 5 Nov, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Thursday 6 Nov, Northampton Community Forum:To explain proposed County-wide rezoning. 7PM, Eastville Fire Company Bingo Hall on Courthouse Rd. Supervisors SOON vote on radical new zoning. Find out from experts how it can affect your property rights as homeowner, our water source, aquaculture & more. FREE. Panel will answer questions. Sponsored By Virginia Eastern Shorekeeper & Citizens for a Better Eastern Shore.
- Friday 7 Nov, ESVAPC Texas Hold 'Em poker at the Cheriton Fire Hall, 7:15 p.m. $25 entry with $10 add-ons and rebuys. Proceeds go to fire company
- Saturday 8 Nov, ACES presents IONA, a traditional Celtic Band, at 8 PM at Nandua High School in Onley. IONA treats the audience to a high-energy concert of Celtic music, performing a rich tapestry of vocals and instrumentation. Sponsored by The Blarney Stone Pub, enjoy an after concert event with the Band at the Pub. Tickets:Outlets & Online $20; Door $22; students $5. Info:www.acesva.org or 757-302-0366
- Saturday 8 Nov, Oven fried chicken lunch and dinner to benefit Eastern Shore Habitat for Humanity, Market Street United Methodist Church, 75 Market Street, Onancock from 11:30 am-1:30 pm and dinner from 5:00 pm -7:00 pm. $12 per person, eat in or take out. Reservations suggested:787-4873, 442-4687
- Saturday 8 Nov, Cheriton Fire Company Community Yard Sale - 6AM to 2PM at the fire house.
- Saturday 8 Nov, Eastville Town Wide Yard Sale and Christ Church Bazaar... 8-2 Something for everyone! To participate, please call Jonny at 757-678-7523 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday 9 Nov, Ladies Day Out at the Onancock Elks Lodge--3pm til 6pm--Christmas shopping experience directed toward Ladies - clothing, jewelry, baked goods, Pampered chef, Marker 29 Design, crafts, jams & jellies & much more - Open to the Public, bring your spouse we have Football on in the lounge.787-7750 if interested in becoming a vendor. It's Free
- Sunday 9 Nov, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Onancock invites you to join us for Holy Eucharist at 8:30 or 11:00; Breakfast is served after the early service/about 9:30; Adult Forum at 10:00. Godly Play (children's religious education) at 10:50. All are welcome!
- Tuesday 11 Nov, Veterans Day
- Wednesday 12 Nov, Lunch & Lecture. 11:30 AM- 1 PM. Blue Crab Bay Company has been in business on the Eastern Shore for 30 years and they are celebrating. Join us as Pam Barefoot talks about her inspirations and passions with food and enjoy a tasting of 2015ís new recipes. $20 members. $25 non- members. www.shorehistory.org/events
- Wednesday 12 Nov, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Onancock invites you to Feed Your Faith:Our series begins tonight and runs through Dec 17. The topic is "The Jesus Fatwah:Love Your (Muslim) Neighbor as Yourself". Potluck dinner at 6:00 p.m., discussion at 7:00. Come even if you don't have time to fix a "dish" there's always plenty to share.
- Wednesday 12 Nov, Drinking Liberally - 7pm to 9pm at the Charlotte Hotel in Onancock. See livingliberally.org for details.
- Friday 14 Nov, ESO Live! Presents:A Night with Matt, Wayne, & Bill. A simple name for a talented trio sharing classic rock, blues, folk & country music in intimate nightclub-like setting at ESO Arts Center, Belle Haven. Music starts 8 p.m. $10. Also beer/wine/snacks for sale. Reserve seats 442-3226, email@example.com OR buy online tickets shows http://www.esoartscenter.org/events.html
- Friday 14 Nov, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the Parksley Fire Hall, 7:30 PM
You can add to this calendar
Funny Quote of the Day: