Calendar of Events for Friday 30 January 2015:
- Today, Spaghetti Dinner at the Oak Grove UMC, 30053 Seaside Road, Melfa; 4:30-6:30PM; Spaghetti with meat sauce, tossed salad, garlic bread, dessert, and tea or coffee. No charge, however, donations will be accepted. Eat in or carry out. To place orders or for questions call 710-4920,710-0392, or 710-8730. Thanks for supporting Oak Grove.
- Today, Holy Trinity, Onancock is sponsoring a benefit Coffee House from 6:00 to 9:00 PM. We have an "open mic" so all are invited to join in sharing talents. Coffee and refreshments provided. Free to all. All donations going to Food Bank of the Eastern Shore.
- Today, ESVAPC Omaha Eight Poker at the Cheriton Fire Hall, 7:15 p.m. $25 entry with $10 add-ons and rebuys. Proceeds go to fire company
- Tomorrow, Joshua Barrett performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. Josh is the host of open mic events in Chincoteague. The Clam Shack is happy to have him visit and perform original songs, classic blues and all time favorites! Call 442-3800 for more info.
- Tomorrow, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Tomorrow, SAMMI's Clubhouse. 9:30-11 AM. SAMMIís Clubhouse returns to Ker Place for the winter weekends. SAMMIís (Stories And Many More Imaginings) is open for all youngsters aged 4-10. Stories, plays, and games from around the world will be enjoyed. Admission is free. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 757-787-8012 or email email@example.com.
- Sunday 1 Feb, Accomack 4-H Shooting Education Club meeting from 2:00 - 4:00 PM at the Noaawiva Sportsmen Club on Rt. 175E near Oak Hall. The club membership is open to all girls and boys from 9 to 18 years old. Youth will have opportunity to learn shooting safety and skills under the guidance of certified instructors. Call 757-442-7287 for further information.
- Sunday 1 Feb, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Sunday 1 Feb, Freedom Day
- Monday 2 Feb, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Tuesday 3 Feb, Accomack Northampton Transition Council for Students with Disabilities. Presentation by WWRC staff on Post Secondary Rehabilitation Transition. Info on Child Find and other topics. Namdua High School from 4 pm to 5:30 pm. Door prizes. Light refreshments. For more info call 757-787-5821.
- Wednesday 4 Feb, First Wednesday Open Mic Night at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6-10pm. Fred Karam visiting headliner. Bold Rock Hard Cider tasting. Support our local musicians and entertainers! Call 442-3800 for reservations.
- Wednesday 4 Feb, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Friday 6 Feb, An evening of astronomy at the NASA Visitor Center - Join us from 7-9 pm to view some of our cosmic neighbors up close. Jupiter will be visible as well as a nearly full Moon. Telescopes will be provided by the Delmarva space science foundation. Call 757-824-2297 for more information.
- Friday 6 Feb, ESVAPC Texas Hold 'Em poker at the Cheriton Fire Hall, 7:15 p.m. $25 entry with $10 add-ons and rebuys. Proceeds go to fire company
- Saturday 7 Feb, Mike Hawker performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 6:30-8:30pm. Mike is a local favorite playing blues and rock. Nightly dinner specials. Call 442-3800 for info.
- Saturday 7 Feb, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Monday 9 Feb, Jigsaw Puzzle Junkies - Join like minded folks who love making jigsaw puzzles at the Northampton Free Library in Nassawadox from 2pm to 8pm every second Monday. We'll work on two at time. All welcome! Call 414-0010 for more info.
- Tuesday 10 Feb, Game Time (for adults) - Come join your friends and neighbors to play dominoes, checkers, rummy, chess and more at the Northampton Free Library in Nassawadox at 2pm. We'll meet every second and fourth Tuesday and light refreshments will be provided. Call 414-0010 for more info.
- Wednesday 11 Feb, Lunch & Lecture:Dr. Ray Thompson, Oyster Wars on the Eastern Shore, Part 2. 3PMĖ4:30PM. Dr. Thompson will be giving us a second look at the Oyster Wars on the Eastern Shore. This Lecture will be at the historic Hopkins Brotherís Store, and tea-time refreshments will be served in lieu of lunch. $20 for members & $25 public. Visit shorehistory.org or call 757-787-8012 to register.
- Wednesday 11 Feb, Drinking Liberally - 7pm to 9pm at the Charlotte Hotel in Onancock. See livingliberally.org for details.
- Friday 13 Feb, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the Parksley Fire Hall, 7:30 PM
You can add to this calendar
National Day Today: