Calendar of Events for Tuesday 30 September 2014:
- Today, Registration Deadline for "Cartooning & Sketching with Stevon Sample" Thursdays, Beginning Oct. 2 to Nov. 13, 6:30-7:45pm Draw out your sketching talents! Class consists of basic sketching & drawing exercises for beginning artists or experienced students who want to sharpen their skills. Ages 10& Up,ESO arts center, Belle Haven.Register/info www.esoartscenter.org, firstname.lastname@example.org, 442-3226
- Tomorrow, Registration Deadline for "Beginning Watercolor Workshop with Thelma Peterson" on Saturday October 4, 10 am -4 pm. Here's your chance to get your paintbrush wet and explore watercolor with one of the Shore's most beloved painters! ESO arts center, Belle Haven, Register/info www.esoartscenter.org, email@example.com
- Tomorrow, First Wednesday Open Mike Night at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack in Nassawadox 6 pm - 10 pm. Support our talented local musicians, poets, and entertainers! Call 442-3800 for reservations. www.thegreatmachipongoclamshack.com
- Tomorrow, 'After School Theatre Program for Kids!' Taught by Mary A. Stiegelbauer every Wednesday from 4pm-6pm from Oct. 1st - Nov. 19th! Ages 10-16! Call The North Street Playhouse at 787-2050 for more information! No experience necessary!
- Tomorrow, All are invited to Holy Trinity, Onancock's Feed Your Faith/Dinner and Discussion. Potluck dinner at 6:00 p.m. Discussion adjourns at 8:30 p.m. TOPIC:“Christianity for the 21st Century":classic doctrines of the Christian faith with an eye towards translating that faith to our current younger generations. This is open to all. Come ask your questions.
- Tomorrow, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Friday 3 Oct, 5th Annual Laugh for Life featuring Christian comedian David Dean. Benefits the Accomack-Northampton Pregnancy Center. See the website for details.
- Friday 3 Oct, The Lowlanders performing Celtic tunes at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7 pm - 9 pm. David Kohut and Eric White's classic Irish sound and fun! Call 442-3800 or visit www.thegreatmachipongoclamshack.com for info.
- Friday 3 Oct, Registration Deadline for "Tai Chi with Jose Dovis",Mondays, Starting Oct 6, 10-11am, Jose has taught art of Tai Chi & Chi gong for over 20 years,a graceful form of exercise and gentle way to reduce stress.Ages 12 & up.[Perfect for Homeschoolers]ESO arts center, Belle Haven, Register/info www.esoartscenter.org, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday 3 Oct, Stream and Buffer Walk with VES Land Trust and CBF. Participants will learn about water quality, native plants and animals, buffers that help protect streams from impairment, and how conservation easements protect water quality. Visit www.veslt.org for more information.
- Friday 3 Oct, ESVAPC Texas Hold 'Em poker at the Cheriton Fire Hall, 7:15 p.m. $25 entry with $10 add-ons and rebuys. Proceeds go to fire company
- Saturday 4 Oct, ACES presents "Bill Evans Presents The Banjo in America" at 8 PM at Cokesbury Church in Onancock. A consummate banjo player, Bill traces the history of the banjo and the blending of its roots into a genre all its own. Sponsored by The Red Queen Gallery in Onancock. Tickets:Outlets & Online $20; Door $22; all student tickets $5. Additional Information:www.acesva.org or 757-302-0366
- Saturday 4 Oct, "I Still Do" Marriage Conference at Onancock Baptist Church. 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (doors open at 8:30 am). $30 per couple includes conference materials, breakfast, and lunch. Childcare is available for no additional cost. Please call 757-787-4348 to reserve seats.
- Saturday 4 Oct, Chicken and Dumpling Dinner - Sign Post United Methodist Church will be serving a plated dinner, cost $10 Adults and $5 Children, served between 4pm and 7pm. Take out is available. You can purchase tickets from any church member. A Bake Sale will also be held.
- Saturday 4 Oct, Barbara Custis Music Festival- inflatables; playground; antique car and tractor show; cornhole tournament; live music by Matt Watson band; Nathan & Heather Travis; Johnny Mo; Double Booked local food & vendors At The Randy Custis Memorial Ballpark home of Shore Little League in Nassawadox, VA. behind the fire house Proceeds benifit the Randy Custis Memorial Fund and Shore Little League
- Saturday 4 Oct, Family Day on the Lawn - Noon til 5pm at the Onancock Elks Lodge. BBQ contest, Live music, Pink ford tractor raffle, gun give-away, cornhole, bounce house, Andy's famous clam fritters and much, much more ....... 757-787-7750 still looking for BBq competitors
- Saturday 4 Oct, Multi-family yard sale on lot in front of the firehouse in Nassawadox. Furniture, clothing( kids and adults), Longaberger, household items and lots lots more. 7am- til ?
- Saturday 4 Oct, The Americana Lovebirds performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7pm- 9 pm. Unique sound of Amy Celeste Young-Beard and Jason McKinzie. Folk, country and originals. www.thegreatmachipongoclamshack.com
- Saturday 4 Oct, Yard Sale at Painter railroad tracks. All items are clean and gently used from a smoke-free home. Boyd's Bears, wicker chair, queen-sized comforter, lamps and much more. We are downsizing two households so there will be new items each week!
- Saturday 4 Oct, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Saturday 4 Oct, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall, 7:30 P.M.
- Sunday 5 Oct, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Sunday 5 Oct, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Onancock invites you to join us for Holy Eucharist at 8:30 or 11:00; Breakfast is served after the early service/about 9:30; Adult Forum at 10:00. All are welcome!
- Monday 6 Oct, Bingo at the Elks lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Wednesday 8 Oct, Lunch & Lecture:The Oyster Wars on the Eastern Shore. 11:30 AM-1 PM. Part I. While the Governor has declared Virginia as the ‘Oyster Capital of the East Coast,’ the love and passions for this culinary treasure has been around for decades. Dr. Paul Ewell gives us a glimpse of the very serious conflicts that occurred in our waters not so long ago. $20 members. $25 non- members. www.shorehistory.org
- Wednesday 8 Oct, Drinking Liberally - 7pm to 9pm at the Charlotte Hotel in Onancock. See livingliberally.org for details.
- Friday 10 Oct, The Lowlanders playing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7pm-9pm. David Kohut and Eric White's classic Irish tunes and Celtic acoustics. Call 442-3800 for more info.
- Friday 10 Oct, Texas Hold 'Em Poker in the Parksley Fire Hall, 7:30 PM
- Friday 10 Oct through Sunday 12 Oct, 22nd Annual Eastern Shore Birding and Wildlife Festival Click here for details.
- Saturday 11 Oct, 42nd Annual Chincoteague Oyster Festival - All you can eat oysters and more! Tickets sell out quickly! For more info visit the Oyster Festival page.
- Saturday 11 Oct, Second Annual Progressive Porch Party - A walking tour through Onancock, sampling our restaurants' best offerings in the comfort of our neighbors' porches.
- Saturday 11 Oct, Troy Ashe Memorial Pistol Tournament at Eastern Shore Safari in Jamesville starting at 9am. Rain Date Oct 12
- Saturday 11 Oct, Fall Yard Sale at the Accomack Woman's Club, 8-1, located at 25405 Richmond Ave. Onley, Va.. Fall and winter clothes, household items, books, And much more.
- Saturday 11 Oct, The Exmoreons performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack 7pm-9pm. Enjoy BK Kurzbard and Eddie Dixon's classic rock, blues, and so much more! Call 442-3800 or visit www.thegreatmachipongoclamshack.com
- Saturday 11 Oct, Free Blood Pressure Screening, Administered by TI Home Health. Location:Northampton Lumber Company, Nassawadox, Virginia. Time:10:00 A. M. - 12:00 P. M.
You can add to this calendar